Quilting from 'Square' One
We are so happy to introduce our next project, Quilting from 'square' one! This four week sew-a-long is for beginners, yep beginners. If you know someone or are someone who has expressed interest in learning to quilt but doesn't know where to begin this sew-a-long is for you!
Here are all of the details -
- When? 10/8/2016 through 10/29/2016. A new tutorial with the next step in the process will be published on Friday just in time for your weekend.
- Where? Online at http://cleverquiltstudio.com/quilt-tutorials/quilting-from-square-one/ (www.cleverquiltstudio.com)
- Cost? The tutorials are free, but we have sew-a-long kits available for purchase below. If you don't fancy any of those you can purchase your own fabric separately.
- Supply List if you chose not to purchase a kit -
- 1 1/4 Yards - Larger Print (Black Floral) Fabric
- 1 1/4 Yards - White or Neutral Print (Yellow Y's) Fabric
- 1/3 Yard - Small Print (Cream Floral) Fabric
- 3 1/2 Yards - Backing
- 3 1/2 Yards - Batting
- 1/2 Yards Binding
- Finished Size? The quilt will be approximately 65" x 65"
- Project? When I was seven my grandmother started me with a simple 9-patch quilt. I found it taught me a lot of fundamental skills so I know it's a great place for a beginner. To add some modern flair we're going to take it a step further and create a disappearing 9-patch block. Here's a mini version of the quilt we'll be making & just one of the many kit options you can purchase -
- Questions? We'll be conducting weekly Q&A sessions via Facebook live and we are always available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social? Yes, please! Feel free to share this project with friends and the interwebs using the hashtag #quiltingfromsquareone or #cleverquiltstudio. Feel free to tag us in anything as well @cleverquiltstudio
What do ya say? Grab a friend and let's learn how to quilt!
Kits available for purchase -